It's OK, I'd be grumpy too if I didn't own a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles poster.

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Night time photography


I love love love this picture, it took us several tries to get the wings the same shape.
-minor colour editing with Fotor.com-
 
I've experimented with painting with light before. It's an easy and entertaining technique. Just find a dark place, a slow shutter speed and something that emits light.

Now that I have a camera that has a limit of 30 seconds for a shutter speed instead of 8 I decided that I should give this trick another go. It was great fun! And I got some pretty interesting pictures. I decided that spamming my Flickr with pictures of the dark was not a good idea so I'm posting them here ;)

 This was not meant to be anything, just swirly and cool.

 A poor attempt at giving myself wings.

Structured designs are easier with two people. One person posing, the other person running the flashlight.


I really like this next one, I did everything myself. I posed, I ran the flashlight and I pressed the shutter. Also, I don't have photoshop, so all I did was adjust the the hue of the light a little bit.
 This picture is kinda creepy, but I'm really proud of it. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment