It's OK, I'd be grumpy too if I didn't own a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles poster.

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Selfie Crazy

Sarah, Quinne, and Quinne's Mom, Chantal came to stay with us for two weeks. We went lots of places, and saw lots of stuff. Quinne and I took a lot a selfies, and of course I had to share mine here. Some of the selfies are extremely grainy, but that's OK. We had an awesome time. :)

 Yay she's here! (first day)

 Gelibolu Saturday bazaar.

At the lighthouse in Gelibolu
Supper in Gelibolu
Next day. On the ferry, headed to Troy (and beyond)

Standing in front of the Brad Pitt trojen horse at Canakkale.

 Troy, outside the creepy cave that we couldn't get into.

 Supper in Selcuk at Memet and Alibaba's Kabab
(I think...)

 Next day: Out side the Library at Ephesus! 

 A selfie of a selfie in the Library. 
Classic

 Largest amphatheater of it's kind; Ephesus

 Carpet shop!

Next day: Arrived in Pamukkale!

Hands and feet in the FREEZING hotel pool.
(From left, Me, Johanna, Quinne)

 Ruins at Pamukkale

 Right before singing at the theater.
(Pamukkale)

Standing above the theater at Laodicea

 Bath house, Sardis



A few of the bazillion selfies we took at the hotel
the afternoon we arrived in Bergama

Visiting Pergamon! It was SO windy.
(Nice hair)

The theater of Pergamon

 Headed back home on the ferry

<Insert a few days at home>

 Visiting Uzun Köprü
(Long Bridge)



ISTANBUL

Standing in line for Topkapı Palace

 Inside!

We found this mirror in the harem of the Topkapı Palace.
Of course we had to take a selfie in the mirror!

 Walking through the Harem

 Feet! (still harem)
I looked back and a bunch of other girls were doing this too. :P

 Hagia Sophia! Seriously, I love this church!
But it makes me sad...

 We ate lunch on the tour at this neat restaurant.
There were lots of lamps, old cameras (!!), and nicknacks

Underground cistern, I'd never been there before.
It was really cool, but the fish were creepy...

At the Hippodrome.
Not much to see there, but the story was interesting.

Blue Mosque.
It's a mosque so us ladies had to cover our heads (yeah OK) and then those of us who we wearing capris/shorts had to put on these robe things (Seriously?).

LAST DAY

 Taxi selfie!

Outside the Grand Bazaar

 Supper under the Galata Bridge.
(There was a guy outside who was trying to catch a budgie.
Apparently it had escaped from the bird market.
Once he caught the bird he sent his friend to go buy another budgie and a cage.)

Random selfie in a tiny grocery store
where we were buying chocolate

Last selfies.
These ladies' flight left early so we had to say goodbye the night before.

The light in that room had a motion censer and it kept turning off :P

I can honestly say that I've never taken that many selfies in that time span, my life. It was fun, but I don't want to do that again any time soon!








1 comment:

  1. wow we are so attractive 100% of the time. ;P I LOVE THIS. I'M BOOKMARKING IT.

    ReplyDelete