It's OK, I'd be grumpy too if I didn't own a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles poster.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Laodicea and Lizards

I'm afraid these posts about our road trip are going to be out of order. I'm just really excited to share some pictures! These pictures are from Laodicea, which was an old town near Pamukkale. And also (if I remember correctly) one of the seven churches mentioned in the book of Revelation.
Main street 


Oh look, I found a pillar!


While we were visiting there were people who were working at restoring the buildings. 
Quinne came, saw, and conquered

There was this big tent thing with a glass roof.
 You could look down and watch the guys restoring the pillars. 


Some of the pillars were bigger than others. 


Sarah taking pictures.

Two policemen coming to arrest Dad.
No, no I'm kidding! They were just wandering around. 

Johanna made a friend!

Sam showed me where the lizards were, so I took a bazillion pictures. 

The lizards  were really quick! 
But this lizard decided to pose for me and I got this shot. 
Classy lizard.

         I think this is the same lizard :P

Claws


I can see at least three lizards under that rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment