It's OK, I'd be grumpy too if I didn't own a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles poster.

Monday, January 6, 2014

The Hobbit.......


Wow.....So we went to see the 


Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug

Christmas eve. I was going to post this earlier, but it's hard to type when you're fangirling.

Firstly:
I liked it way better than the first one.
Secondly:
I had high expectations for the first movie, and was majorly disappointed. The Desolation of Smaug was a pleasant surprise.
Also:
Going in I had doubts about the new elf girl, Tauriel, but she turned out to be the best girl elf in all five movies. (Score!)
Cool
 I liked how in this movie you got to know the other dwarves a little better. The first movie seemed to be ALL about Thorin... 
What was the point of that?
The whole point of the opening Bree scene seemed to be for Peter Jackson to make his carrot cameo.
 And:
I loved how they did Beorn, (awesome crazy eye brows!) I can't wait to see more of him! Smaug was impressive, although I thought his scenes dragged on too long.
 SPOILER
  I hated how Smaug just up and left in the middle of his fight with the dwarves to go attack Lake Town. Dragons aren't known for their self-control; and Smaug is strangely disinterested in killing the dwarves.


In spite of the hiccups, I really enjoyed it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment