It's OK, I'd be grumpy too if I didn't own a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles poster.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

I Built a Tardis!....er yeah I did!

 I really want to build a Tardis.
I just think that would be cool. My own tardis...... *day dreams*

Where was I? ....  oh, I really think the whole build a life sized Tardis thing is a project from home, so I keep on putting it in the back of my mind.
But I REALLY wanted to do it, there was only one thing to do: Make my door a Tardis.
 
 First I cut out a strip of paper for the sign at the top. Then I drew the letters.
 Then I traced the letters in black ink.
 Then I coloured it in with black ink.
 Then I painted (with Johanna's help) 10 large pieces of  paper with blue gouache.

Then I painted and cut out the windows, and put it all on the door. (Sorry it doesn't go all the way to the floor, but I was tired of blue hands and sitting on my cold floor. Oh look, the picture is crooked, oops.)
 

 I'm considering making panels for the door, but that's a lot of work, besides, I like her the way she is. Now I can say I have a Tardis, or my door is a Tardis. :P Not bad for an evening's work. (:

Just goes to show there are a lot of things you can do with some paper, & scissors. ;) (oh yeah and paint and a pencil and a ruler and a printer and an imagination.)

-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment