It's OK, I'd be grumpy too if I didn't own a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles poster.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

An unfinished sewing project

I ran out of things I can do to this project five days after I started it. And since I have nothing else that needs doing, I thought 'where's the harm in blog posting?' My sewing project is.....

A princess Anna outfit!
I sewed the bodice from a pattern I made from a t-shirt, and the skirt is from scratch. I can't decide if I'm going to use iron-on transfers or fabric paint for the flower design on the skirt...
I know that the blouse isn't the right colour, I just threw on my only blue button-up shirt for effect. I'm hoping to find a blouse that is close to the right colour at Value Village this summer.
I tried to make the bodice a sweet-heart neckline, but as you can see that really did not work out well....
 I got a crash-course in embroidery; it looks OK doesn't it?

You would think I would be able to find gold edging for the bodice, but apparently not. Mom and I went into every shop on mainstreet that might possibly have it. But all I came up with was yellow ribbon. As much as I love it, I can't get it to lay flat once it's sewn on to the bodice.

The question now is what am I going to do with three meters of yellow ribbon?

No comments:

Post a Comment