It's OK, I'd be grumpy too if I didn't own a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles poster.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Black Velvet Cape

I've had this wonderful black velvety material for most of a year. (Actually I'm not sure it's velvet, it's light, soft and stretchy.) I always planned to made a cape out of it, but I never got around to it. Until yesterday.
da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
I cut a square out for the hood, and then cut it into the shape I wanted. I'd already looked up patterns for hoods so cutting it from memory was no problem. Then I started to wonder about the cape part of the cape. So I thought, and looked at a pattern, and thought, and ended up with a very long, but not very wide cape. It's not what I had in mind, but I like it.


 It's so looooong 

I wanted to cut it shorter, but Mom made the brilliant 
suggestion to add buttons to the inside so I could have it short or long. 




No comments:

Post a Comment