It's OK, I'd be grumpy too if I didn't own a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles poster.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Monkey!

*Ahem*

 Yesterday I was sitting in my room, on the rug, on the floor. And I was thinking, in my room, on the rug, on the floor.  And I had this thought (in my room, on the rug, on my floor) : I'd like to try sewing stuffed animals.

Right after I thought this thought I tried to think of things that I'd like to sew, after about five minutes of thinking (and a bit of Googleing) I decided to try sock monkeys.

I found a pattern and instructions online, Since I didn't have any suitable socks I had to wait until today to start. Almost as soon as we got home from town I got to work. It took me all afternoon, but I finished my monkey, and I must say, I'm rather pleased with my efforts....
I'm thinking Pink Monkey is going to get two friends right shortly, I bought a 3 pack of socks after all ;)

PICTURES!

 I'm not sure what I'm going to name this Monkey, and suggestions?


  (Yeah we are in the bathroom, in my defense it has better lighting than my bedroom and it's dark outside! Also there is a drop of water on the mirror.)



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE HER!!!! Yes she needs friends : ) What is the turkish word for pink?.... Pembe ... Pembe the girl sock monkey - I like it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. And check out these cute sock snowmen - I love snowmen by the way ...hee hee

    http://www.darkroomanddearly.com/2011/12/10th-day-of-christmas-sock-snowmen.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohmygoodness!! They are SO cute!! I want to make an army of them!

      Delete