It's OK, I'd be grumpy too if I didn't own a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles poster.

Friday, May 17, 2013

What if I gave an Oreo to you?



Mom and I were talking about Oreos the other day because I showed her this (it's my new theme song by the way.) We found these chocolate cracker things at Kipa that are really good. We were discussing what we could do to them to make them Oreo like. Mom said we should try sandwiching them with whipped cream and making a log type cake. We thought it would be good so I made this:




 It was SO good! I'd definitely make it again! I wrote out some directions for you if you want to try it for your self.




To make Cookie Log.

You will need:
-Whipped Cream (I don’t know how much whipped cream you’ll need, I used some that had some sort of thickening agent …)

-Sugar - about a teaspoon

-Vanilla - about a teaspoon

-Plain chocolate cookies *no icing!*  (I used 2 packages)

-Sprinkles (normally I’d say this was optional. But seriously, can sprinkles be optional???)

Directions
Whip the cream till it’s stiff; add sugar and vanilla to taste. Sandwich the whipped cream between two cookies and put on a plate so that the cookies are standing up. Alternating with the cookie and the whipped cream make the log as big as desired. Use the remaining whipped cream to cover the log. Cover it plastic wrap*, and put in the fridge for about 6 hours. Take out and sprinkle with sprinkles, serve cold.

We wanted to cookies to be soft like cake so I made it right after lunch. The cookies were softish when we ate it, around 8pm when Dad came home.

* To keep the plastic wrap from messing up the whipped cream I stuck little spoons in the log, I think toothpicks will also work.  :)
 



 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment