It's OK, I'd be grumpy too if I didn't own a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles poster.

Monday, December 9, 2013

Weekend in Bursa

We went to Bursa (by way of Biga. OH YEAH) for the weekend, Johanna wanted to celebrate her eighteenth birthday someplace different. And that's that we did. :)

We stayed at the Kirci hotel, in a 'non-smoking room.' Look what I found in a drawer:
Well that was poorly thought out...

Saturday was miserable, cold and wet. We spent the day at the covered market. By four in the afternoon it was almost snowing (almost!).

Sunday was clear, but chilly.
 Dad and Johanna decided to check out a machine trade show, while Mom, Sam, and I went to the mall. Once Dad and Johanna were done at the trade show they came to the mall. Johanna picked out a cake, which we dropped in our room before going out for supper.
The place we went for supper was recommended by one of the desk clerks at the hotel. It was a very unique little dining experience...
For starters they had BBQs in the middle of each table. The deal is you order some meat and veggies, and then you grill it at your table. 
Crummy iPod pictures:
 Dad, Johanna and Mom

Sam & I

 Cooking supper

Oh! And live music!!
The band consisted of a tambourine, a darbuka, a wind instrument, and a violin.
For dessert, we each got a plate of assorted fruits, and then 2 puddings. I can never remember the name of the pudding, but I really should because it's my FAVOURITE!


Then Johanna and I had Turkish coffee:

We paid, and then scooted off to the hotel for Johanna's birthday party. We ate the cake she picked out, but I honestly don't know how.....
While we were at the mall Mom and I picked out some things for the party:

It was a fun weekend, but I don't like how the house smells after we've been away.

No comments:

Post a Comment